FAILURE !!!

You just opened that email and got your first regret mail for a position you thought you were 99.9% sure to get, or maybe it's your tenth regret mail. Either way you feel like a loser, down, dejected and sad. Worst case scenario you feel like a fraud especially if you are a high achiever, the impostor syndrome starts to kick in and you start to doubt your own abilities. Failure is never really a good thing. Nobody wants to fail, nobody likes failing, that's why some people would prefer to not try at all, than to try and fail. Though not trying at all could prevent you from achieving your fullest potential.


One bad thing about failure is that you start to envy your colleagues who "seem" to be doing better. You don't necessarily hate them, you hate yourself. But you shouldn't. It's okay to hate the situation, but don't hate yourself and never doubt your abilities. Work harder to be better, persevere and the breakthrough will eventually come.

There was a point in my life when everything seemed to work out so well. I passed exams with relative ease. Even in tough tests/exam where majority of people failed, I somehow managed to squeeze out a good grade. I somehow got good internship placements and scholarships. The Life wasn't all that rosy but it was relatively good. Then it hit me, suddenly the regret mails starting coming in, things weren't so rosy anymore, I thought maybe i'm not as smart as i think (which might be true), I applied to some of my dream jobs then, but would get dropped at the last stage.

 Honestly it got to me, but then, gradually I began to develop a thick skin to failures and regrets. I changed my mindset, I blamed no one but myself, I tried to do things better. Somehow failures prepared me for a lot in life. Failure does also help kinda.You tend to appreciate your little victories no matter how small. You throwaway any form of entitlement you once had. You drop your fairy tale dreams for more pragmatic and actionable goals. Reality sets in.

I honestly believe that failures shape us in one way or the other. Even right now, I still experience failures but I think I have developed a good coping mechanism to deal with it and I hope you develop yours. The only solution or antidote to failure is persistence and perseverance. HANG IN THERE!!! IT EVENTUALLY GETS BETTER.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FEARS

CHRONICLES OF AN NYSC MEMBER"CORPER" PART 1

NIGERIANS AND THE "PHONEE" SYNDROME: FAKE ACCENT OR BI-DIALECTED